Sunday, January 20, 2013

My Food Rules

First off, I just had this whole post almost completely written and then the stupid thing kicked off. Ugh! This is why you save save save, I know. Anyways I want to share my 2 food rules that I have for myself. Yeah its a little weird to have food rules, but I do. And I don't follow them to a T. Maybe I should say call the guidelines. I don't know.

1. If I want vegetables or fruit that are prepared or served in a healthy way (meaning not covered in cheese or dipped in chocolate) I eat it. If I want an orange or an extra helping of vegetables at dinner, even if I have used up all my calories I have it. These are foods that are good for you. You need to eat them. You have to eat fruits and veggies. Find ones you like, try different kiinds of preparations, Eat them! And eat as many as you want. It will or should help you not eat all the other things that we don't need. Maybe you will find a fruit you like as much as chocolate (if you do, let me know). Or you could realize you don't need to make potatoes, pasta, or rice with every dinner, because you make extra veggies you have leanred to love.

2. Now this one has to be a little more flexible, but I try to eat fruits, vegetables, and lean meats or protein first on my plate. So if we have chicken, broccoli, zucchini, and mac n cheese for dinner, I will eat the first three things first, then just have a small helping of mac n cheese, if I want it. Sometimes i don't, sometimes I will go with rule 1 and get more veggies. I try to do this even if we are having pizza (a favorite around here). Most of the time I will have a salad with low calorie dressing before I eat my pizza. Oh and I typically just put one piece on my plate and the pizza stays on the counter. So if I want more I have to get up to get it and really think about it.

Those are my 2 food rules. I do also have one workout rule. Do it. Workout. If you can't or want to start slower just move your body in some way. Walk, do pushups, jumping jacks, stairs. Something. Move your body!!

I could just leave you with that, but this is my blog and I want to remind everyone of how cute my kids are. (Despite the incessant whining and tantrums that happened today)



No comments:

Post a Comment