Friday, January 25, 2013

I didn't workout...

I didn't workout last night. I had planned on working out all day. I didn't eat completely the greatest yesterday, so I should have worked out, but I didn't. It was a great decision. Instead of working out I ate ice cream and popcorn, watched Modern Family and Burn Notice and spent time with my husband. It was great. Yes this morning I had gained a little weight, but I don't feel bad about it. Our lives have gotten a little crazy lately. We have a lot going on and stress levels are high. So when Steven got home before dinner last night I was relieved and extremely happy to see him. I told him I planned on working out after the girls were in bed, and he said that was fine. But sometimes as a wife you know when it's not. I don't ever want my family to think that working out is more important than them. My husband and children and the most important people in my life. I wanted to make sure that Steven knew that. So after I put Mady in bed I told him I wasn't going to workout. I was going to hang out with him. I think I surprised him. This isn't the first time ever that I have not worked out, I always take one night off a week, but usually it is planned. Usually we have a plan for the night and we won't eat anything crazy, because I won't want to add the extra calories, but last night we did. I was the one who said Baskin Robbins sounded good. And when he suggested popcorn, I agreed to do both.

Working out and eating right is important. I will continue to do both things to help me lose weight, but I never want my family to miss out on me because of them. When I told Steven that working out was not going to replace spending time with him he said "Really?" That broke my heart. I am lucky right now that he gets to come home, even if it just for a few hours and isn't every night. There are many guys on his ship that are away from their families and will not see them for the next year. So don't take your family for granted. Sometimes you have to do something small but unexpected to show them you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment