Thursday, February 20, 2014

A new source of inspiration

So it is 3am, and I am up feeding Hank. It's a pretty normal thing around here, and the quietest time of day. So tonight I was looking over some of my older posts from last year and was surprised to learn that I can inspire myself. Okay that isn't meant to sound like I'm bragging or anything but I feel like it sounds weird. I saw a picture or myself at just a couple pounds lighter than I am now and just before I got pregnant again. It was a great picture for me to be reminded of for a few reasons.

1. It is me, not some skinny model or workout guru that I will never look like. So it is realistic. Looking at it I know I could get myself back to that point.

2. It reminded me of how I felt then. I felt great. I remember feeling good physically and mentally. I would wake up with energy, workout regularly, and eat good foods (for the most part). 

3. I am in the same clothes I wear now. It makes me feel good to know I am not far from that point. Now my body is different right now. I am still nursing and have a baby pouch that takes time to get rid of. Despite what Hollywood would have you believe. I remember I had worked hard to get that pouch gone before and will have to again.

4. I have done this before and can do it again. I have felt up and down about losing this extra weight again. Some days I am like of course you can do it, no big deal. Others I am like what is the point. Th point is I want to be healthy. I want my kids to see me healthy. I want to live a long life uninhibited by challenges I create for myself. I want to have high self confidence to show my girls. (No my self confidence is not directly tied to my weight, but I know where I will feel my best at.) 

So if you are looking for a new source of inspiration, maybe try yourself. Find a picture of yourself where you think you look great, and use that to inspire yourself. Remember how you felt then. Do be realistic. If your favorite pictures is before kids or a decade ago, remember that your body has changed and you have changed, so you may not be able to get exactly back to that point. 

And for those who are curious, I am still 4-5lbs above my prebaby weight. I have been around the same numbers now for about 2 months. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little frustrating, but I know that right now it is due to a lot of factors and I have to try to keep it in perspective with my life right now. I have found that working out may not be taking off the pounds super quickly right now, but it is helping reshape my body again to get it back where I like it :) 

1 comment:

  1. Megan, thank you for writing again. I am very, very proud of you for many things...one being this enormous change in your being. Your weight loss just blows my mind!
    I smiled at my being unrealistic is thinking of my favorite picture. It is from 44 years ago. I was strong, healthy, happy, tanned, and cute. Guess I should find one a whole lot more recent :)
    I love you, Megan.
    PS I want to be stronger and healthier and happier. And have higher self confidence. (Speaking of which, thank you for the self confidence you show your children. It's vital!!)
    <3 Debby

    ReplyDelete