Sunday, February 16, 2014

2 years later...

It is hard to believe but it has been 2 years since I made the decision to start getting healthy and actually take it seriously. I honestly thought by this point I would be tired of it wanting to return to old unhealthy habits, and while at times I find I wigs I could pig out in chocolate and junk food, my body actually craves vegetables and fruit. My body tells me when I need to hold off in the dessert and have a salad. And I actually want to workout and be active. I almost didn't know what to do with the fact that my body longed to run. 2 years ago I would have thought I was crazy for wanting to run. Now it is something I had thought about and wanted to do for weeks. Thankfully I was finally able to start again. 

My body is different now. How I view food and exercise is different. It has taken a mental shift to get myself to this point. I was nervous that having another baby would set back my progress, and while it has delayed any additional weightioss, it has also helped me see how important this is to me. It has forced me to really be serious about setting up workout times and sticking to it. It helped me see that even in tough circumstances I could find the time to be healthy. It also brought us little Hank, so no complaints there. 

I am proud of myself for coming so far in two years and changing so much, while still being to be part of the real world and being a good mommy and wife. At the end of the day those are the things most important. My kids are the reason I wanted to make these changes and if I can't be a good mom for them, none of this would matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment