Monday, February 11, 2013

Having 1 cookie

I recently searched the Internet for things that change when you lose a large amount of weight. I was really looking for other people's blog and their personal experiences. What I found a lot of were articles written by people who clearly had never lost a large amount of weight, talking about your boost in confidence and overall health being better. It's not that those articles are wrong, but there is so much more to it than you can know if you've never done it.

I did find one blog that actually made me extremely sad for the person who wrote it. The woman was from the UK and her blog was about how she has lost weight. This particular entry she was writing about the changes that had happened since she lost weight. The thing that was sad were all the negative things she was writing about. Some of the things she talked about I could understand, but the rest made me sad for her. She talked about how she would crave things like cookies and never have them because she didn't want to gain an ounce, but then she would and she would just binge on them all day long. I completely understand craving something and feeling like you can't have it, but if you want something that badly, have a cookie. One cookie isn't going to hurt you that much. But when you have a binge on cookies that can make you not only gain a little weight, but feel so guilty. Then she talked about how all she thought about and talked about all the time was her weight loss and what she was going to eat and how she couldn't eat certain things. Trust me when you are i the middle of losing weight, it is all you think about sometimes. There are times I would kill to not think about the calories in the next meal I was going to have, or whether I was going to work out that night so I could have 2 cookies instead of 1. But It is not all I think about or all I talk about. Your life has to have fullness to it. It cannot revolve around losing weight or any one goal really. You need to be happy and working on all the areas of your life. Don't narrow yourself so much that all you can see is one part of your life and how it is going.

It's Valentine's Day week! I have treats that we are going to make this week and I excited to have a little of all of them (except the dog treats), and then give most of them away! Be ready for treat bags, neighbors!! Oh and did anyone see the Grammy's last night? I saw all of like 5 minutes, but I did see Kelly Rowland's "dress". I mean really people, put some clothes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment